Elearning and MOOCs for business: a practical HR training tool
Companies are finding MOOCs to be a fantastic elearning tool for staff training – here’s why.
Have you heard about MOOCs? In the United States and now Europe, massive open online courses (MOOC) are becoming increasingly widespread and popular. Used in companies, MOOC’s can offer a decisive advantage to HR departments. The DOKEOS open-source cloud platform is particularly well suited for developing a corporate MOOC.
Elearning, MOOC and business
When it comes to business, MOOCs are a means to provide useful and accessible training to a wide audience of employees. Think of them as a more collective and widely disseminated form of elearning.
Corporate MOOCs are a great asset to companies for training, especially for those with multiple sites in different regions and countries. Any HR department within a multi-site company would understand the difficulty of communicating common skills and business culture to employees. In this regard the MOOC is the perfect tool, enabling you to train and inform employees uniformly and at low cost.
MOOCs appeal to companies on several levels, making them more efficient and less expensive than classroom training. Among other benefits, MOOCs:
- Are available to all employees regardless of their location. MOOCs are highly practical for companies wanting to train employees in several different locations, saving time and money,
- Harmonise training, regardless of the country or region where the branch is located,
- Are suitable for all situations, enabling employees to learn at work, at home, in transit, or while on missions,
- Useful to companies in micro-networks wanting to share their training needs.
- Practical for people with disabilities, who might have difficulty attending face-to-face training.
- Allow everyone to learn at their own pace.
- Enable employees in remote areas to communicate more effectively despite geographical distances, thanks to associated MOOC forums.
Elearning, MOOC and DOKEOS
A major player in the world of open-source cloud elearning, DOKEOS is an ideal solution for corporate MOOCs.
The DOKEOS ELEARNING SUITE allows you to:
- Quickly create online courses that combine video, sound and text,
- Easily integrate existing documents,
- Evaluate the results of each participant and certify the skills acquired,
- Assure the security and confidentiality of all internal documents posted online.
Depending on your needs, you can use the DOKEOS open-source cloud elearning solution or request a customised version for your business. Like hundreds of other companies, Axa, Daiichi Sankyo, Orkyn, the Red Cross, Doctors Without Borders and Redhat use the DOKEOS ELEARNING SUITE to train their staff.
Discover DOKEOS elearning free for 60 days. Why not!