Why SAAS is interesting for companies
What is SaaS?
SaaS is software available on demand over the web. It is not necessary to install it on a computer before use. Therefore, it’s more of a service than a product, as opposed to traditional software.
What are the business benefits?
- Quick: it is operational immediately. The company can very easily customise its modules with its own visual identity and content. The interface is intuitive and similar to popular websites.
- Accessible: with nothing to install or configure, the SAAS is usable from any device connected to the network.
- Automatic updates and bug fixes: the use of data is protected and easy to ensure that all learners have access to the same information at the same time.
- Scalable: SAAS adapts to the real needs of the company, depending on the number of users. All share a centrally managed common architecture. Each user also continually benefits from corrections to issues raised by other users, in a transparent manner.
- Maintenance costs are included in a package (usually annually). Due to being scalable, SAAS allows you to pass on the costs of updates from one client to another.
What about the security of SAAS?
Four points should be brought to the attention of the company: operational security (data confidentiality on the server), user (authentication and authorisation to access the content), data (control of confidential information) and network (against malicious attacks).