A case study of Dokeos LMS. Why does IFCDis place its faith in Dokeos to provide distance learning to the commercial and large retail sectors?
IFCDis is a Toulouse-based training and learning centre serving the commercial and large retail sectors. For more than six years now, IFCDis has been using the Dokeos LMS to deliver its certified professional training courses entirely through distance learning and blended learning. 3 reasons for their loyalty to SaaS-based Dokeos LMS are:
- The excellent value for money it offers
- The flexibility of the elearning suite (customisation of the interface to match the client’s branding, creation of interactive slides with Articulate Storyline, self-checking quizzes, open-question based assessment, etc.)
- The responsiveness of the Dokeos team
Specific advantages distance training offers the large retail sector
Large retailers require flexibility where the organisation of their training is concerned. E-learning therefore presents itself as an obvious choice:
- It makes it possible to train one employee at a time.
- Training courses can be customised to match the specific needs, availability and learning rhythm of the trainee.
- Employees can use times when the store is least busy for training purposes.
- There are no travel expenses involved.
By contrast, attendance-based training imposes a large number of constraints, such as the need to assemble groups of trainees (with minimum numbers required for training to take place), the need to find space in the store to host the training, payment of travel expenses, restrictions on the availability of employees and trainers, etc.